Sheryl Finucane, PT, Ph.D.
Assistant professor and coordinator of graduate education
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheryl Finucane Ph.D. is the coordinator of graduate programs and co-director of the interdisciplinary Rehabilitation and Movement Science PhD program. Dr. Finucane’s primary interests are in the effects of injury, disease, aging, and therapy on the structure and function of the musculoskeletal tissues. She teaches courses on microscopic anatomy and assessment and treatment in geriatric physical therapy. In addition, Dr. Finucane is active in developing and evaluating bicyclist education initiatives for the VCU and Richmond communities.
- Ph.D. Anatomy and Physical Therapy (1991), Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va.
- B.S. Physical Therapy (1983), Washington University, St. Louis, Mo.
- B.A. Biology (1981), Wartburg College, Waverly, Iowa
Key Professional Service Activities
- Physical Therapy Journal - Reviewer
- Pro-Bono Physical Therapy Services, Cross Over Health Center, Richmond, VA
- Complete curriculum vitae outlining grants, publications, teaching and service → Finucane CV 2016