Mary Snyder Shall, PT, Ph.D.
Professor and department chair
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Snyder Shall is chair of the Department of Physical Therapy faculty with an affiliate appointment in the School of Medicine’s Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology. Her primary research interests are in area of the mechanical parameters and histology of skeletal muscle fiber types and in the changes that occur during denervation and reinnervation, and in the importance of integrative health to the quality of life among patients undergoing treatment for cancer. Shall teaches courses on functional neuroanatomy and motor control.
Ph.D. Anatomy and Neurobiology (1991), Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va.
M.S. Physical Therapy (1978), Duke University, Durham, N.C.
B.S. Comparative Literature (1976), Creighton University, Omaha, Neb.
Key professional service activities
- President emeritus of the MCV Alumni Association
- American Council of Academic Physical Therapy
- Research Intensive Programs in Physical Therapy consortium steering committee
- American Physical Therapy Association (1980 - present)
- Past President of the VCU Faculty Senate
Complete curriculum vitae outlining grants, publications, teaching and service → Mary Shall CV 2017