Emma Wheeler, PT, DPT, M.S.
Director of Clinical Education and Admissions
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emma Wheeler is the Director of Clinical Education and the chair of the admissions committee for the entry-level Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program. Her primary research interests are in the areas of fall prevention in the elderly and predictors of student success in the DPT program. She teaches in the areas of biophysical agents, geriatrics, and clinical education.
- DPT. Doctor of Physical Therapy (2006), Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va.
- M.S. Advanced Masters Physical Therapy (2002), Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va.
- B.S. Physical Therapy (1985), Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va.
- B.A. (1983), Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, N.C.
Key professional service activities
- APTA Trainer for the Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program 2008 -2017
- ACAPT Admission Traffic Rules Task Force 2014 - 2016
- ACAPT Clinical Education Standardized Terminology Task Force 2016 - 2017
- APTA Task Force for the Development of the Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service (PTCAS), 2007–2010
- Complete curriculum vitae outlining grants, publications, teaching and service → Emmy Wheeler CV